Terms of Site Use
Access and Use of this web site demonstrates your acceptance of and agreement to these Terms
The Cogent Communications website is situated at http://www.cogentcomm.biz
Cogent reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the information provided (or any part thereof) at any time with or without prior notice. All persons accessing this web site (“Visitors”) agree that Cogent shall not be liable to Visitors or to any third party for any information and services provided on the Cogent website.
By visiting the Cogent website you expressly understand and agree that:
a) The use of the information provided by Cogent is undertaken at your own risk;
b) Information is provided on an “AS IS” basis. Cogent expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy or completeness or fitness for any other nature;
c) Cogent does not guarantee that the information will suit your requirements, that the website as a whole or in part will be available, timely, accurate, reliable, secure or free of errors;
d) Any material or software that you download from the Cogent website is done so at your sole discretion and risk, and that you will be solely responsible for any damage or harm caused to your network connection(s), computer or computer-related software and equipment, system loss or data that results from your visit to Cogent and/or the download of any data or information you made from the site.
e) No information or advice given on this website (or from communications arising from use of this website) shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms.
Cogent respects your privacy.
When you contact us using the online contact form or email, we will treat your contact details with respect. We do not sell your data to anyone and we will never “spam” you.
When you visit the Cogent website, we automatically collect certain information about how you make use of our web site, using third-party software services to gather statistical information, thus:
- Non specific, non-identifiable user data for web site usage reports using website tracking software, services and tools;
- Information gathered on web site use includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Pages visited and length of time at each page, and length of visit to the site; as well as other statistical data about page and site usage;
- Where possible, the geographic location and time zone of a Visitor, using your internet provider’s universally-available IP address;
- Page or pages that referred a Visitor to Cogent or the page last visited before leaving our website;
- The statistical software may also leave a “cookie” on the Visitor’s computer or device to measure future visits to the website. If you do not wish to have “cookies” left on your computer or device, you can configure your Internet Browser to reject them;
- We may also collect information about the device and browser a visitor is using (brand and version) as well as the operating system that a computer is using (e.g. Windows, Apple, iOS, Android, Linux, etc).